Bird of Prey Workshop
September 14 - September 16
This three-day immersive retreat provides a minimum of three hours a day of hands-on guided practical training opportunities with ABI’s animals, one hour of training demonstrations, and two hours of classroom time. ABI believes strongly in focused exploration of concepts to maximize our success.
All of our workshops are heavily weighted on hands-on training with mentored support and interactive demonstrations of challenging training issues!
Classroom & training topics include:
- Progressive Nonlinear Training
- Non-coercive negative reinforcement & the constructional approach
- The hows and whys of voluntary hooding & lure training
- Nuanced non-traditional approaches to training passage & rehabilitated birds of prey
- Free loft training
- Creative motion curation
- Troubleshooting fearful & aggressive responses
The workshop includes coffee, tea, and snacks in the morning, a catered lunch each day, and a final family dinner on Saturday early evening. Transport to and from the airport and recommended hotels is also provided.
Tickets available for purchase below soon!