Terms and Conditions
- All sales are final. No Refunds.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Gift cards
- Gift Cards are valid for 6 months after purchase. These make great gifts, as the recipient may use them to book an Adventure on our Calendar on an available date of their choosing.
- Group rates are available for families or friends wishing to enjoy an interactive Adventure together. Please inquire prior to booking.
- Adventures may be exchanged for a program of equal or higher value.
- ABI’s feathered ambassadors are in high demand for a variety of programs. When an Adventure is scheduled, we reserve certain birds, staff, and time specifically for the participants. Our desire is to make our birds accessible to as many people as possible. Because of these factors, there are no refunds for Adventures.
- We do not allow spectators for any one of our Classes or Adventures, only paid visitors.
- Due to the nature of our Adventures, there are minimum age restrictions for the safety of both humans and birds and comfort of other visitors.
- Free-Flight Adventures: Ages 5 and older
- Hornbill Hike: Ages 10 and older
- All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied with a parent or guardian
- Customized Adventures are available for guests wanting something different or to accommodate young children, and special events. Please contact us for details
- Guests must follow all instructions given by instructors of ABI.
- Management reserves the right to remove a guest from an Adventure or Class at any time at their absolute discretion. At that time, it is the decision of ABI to issue a refund.
- Most Adventures require hiking on our trails, some with a moderate incline. We can accommodate guests with unique needs and can customize a tour with proper notification.Participants must wear sturdy, closed-toe athletic shoes with a good grip. No sandals or clogs allowed. It is recommended to wear sunscreen, as Adventures are conducted outside. We politely ask that the Vibram Five Finger-style shoes be replaced with more traditional hiking wear for the benefit of our birds.
- Because our birds are allowed to fly where they please, it is recommended to leave jewelry at home. Though the parrots are trained to leave them alone, sometimes new, shiny objects can prove to be too irresistible. We are not responsible for damaged personal items.
- No pets are allowed on the premises.
- Although it is rare in Southern California, free-flight programs cannot take place during storms, rain, or high winds. If an Adventure is likely to be cancelled, ABI staff will contact the participants the evening before the program. When an Adventure is cancelled due to inclement weather, participants may reschedule for a different day or receive a full refund.
- While the trainers do everything possible to ensure that the birds will be at their peak performance for each Adventure, it is important to remember that they are living creatures and may have their off-days just like humans. We cannot guarantee the quality of their performance and flights for our Experiences on any given day.